×

quesWhat are the consequences of driving drunk if caught by police?

My driving license was confiscated by the police for driving drunk. As told by the police I have to appear in court no. 16 of the Patiala Court after 15 days.

I wanted to know, what are the consequences of driving drunk? My alcohol level was 79% whereas permissible limit as informed by police is 38%.

This is my first drunken driving offence. Will my license be cancelled?

As police asked you to appear in court, we would advise you to appear in court on the said date.

Generally, first time offenders are let of with a warning and fine. So need to worry about license being cancelled.

Repeated offenders get there driving license cancelled alongside fine and imprisonment.