What are the consequences of driving drunk if caught by police?

My driving license was confiscated by the police for driving drunk. As told by the police I have to appear in court no. 16 of the Patiala Court after 15 days.

I wanted to know, what are the consequences of driving drunk? My alcohol level was 79% whereas permissible limit as informed by police is 38%.

This is my first drunken driving offence. Will my license be cancelled?


As police asked you to appear in court, we would advise you to appear in court on the said date.

Generally, first time offenders are let of with a warning and fine. So need to worry about license being cancelled.

Repeated offenders get there driving license cancelled alongside fine and imprisonment.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A friend of us committed suicide after loosing money in betting. In the suicide note he has written that no one is responsible for his death and the c…

Read More

Hi Sir/Madam, If some person is threatening a woman and also passing wrong comment then under which ipc section he will be put behind prison. If we ne…

Read More

In 2010 in Mumbai i opened an account in IDBI bank of proprietorship firm. The bank gave me a cheque book. The bank issued another cheque book to anot…

Read More

I want to file complaint against sdm of police & dsp of police . want confirm action against them . where i can and how…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue