Unnecessary delay in filing charge-sheet / final report
A criminal case under section 409, 420, 467, 468, 469 & 34 of the I.P.C. was filed against a junior officer in the year 2008. The said officer surrendered before the Court and was released on bail. Inquiry has been completed by the I.O. and report of the experts on signature verification has also been deposited. But still no charge-sheet has been filed so far. The sufferer officer wants to get this case finally decided as early as possible. What can be done from his part to expedite the matter?
Submit an application to the court against the IO to submit the charge-sheet or alternatively go in for filing a writ in the high court along with the prayer for speedy and fast disposal of the case.
Secure an order to this effect from the high court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 200 - Using as true such declaration knowing it to be false
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- After grandfather can his wife sale the property brought by him
- Is there bail permission in 6 pocso act 2012
- Case against builder for not providing sale deed
- Time and cost for regular bail for SC, ST atrocity cases
- Cheque bounce because of drawers death what can I do