Unnecessary delay in filing charge-sheet / final report

A criminal case under section 409, 420, 467, 468, 469 & 34 of the I.P.C. was filed against a junior officer in the year 2008. The said officer surrendered before the Court and was released on bail. Inquiry has been completed by the I.O. and report of the experts on signature verification has also been deposited. But still no charge-sheet has been filed so far. The sufferer officer wants to get this case finally decided as early as possible. What can be done from his part to expedite the matter?

Answers (1)

388 votes
Submit an application to the court against the IO to submit the charge-sheet or alternatively go in for filing a writ in the high court along with the prayer for speedy and fast disposal of the case.

Secure an order to this effect from the high court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles