quesHow can second husband legally adopt my child from first marriage?

I m divorced on Feb1,2013 and remarried on 25th may 2013. I had a son with my first marriage whose custody has been granted to me. Me n my second husband want to get the my son legally adopted from my first husband.My son is turning 6 on 13thMay. My second husband was a widower and has two sons from first marriage. Most likely, my first husband won't object as he is remarried again n expecting for a baby soon. Kindly guide with the procedure to get the child legally adopted by my second husband.

• ansAssuming you are Hindus,

The biological father of your child is still the natural guardian of the child.

For making a valid adoption the written consent from the biological father is a must.

After getting the consent, an adoption deed can be made and the same is required to be registered.