How can second husband legally adopt my child from first marriage?
I m divorced on Feb1,2013 and remarried on 25th may 2013. I had a son with my first marriage whose custody has been granted to me. Me n my second husband want to get the my son legally adopted from my first husband.My son is turning 6 on 13thMay. My second husband was a widower and has two sons from first marriage. Most likely, my first husband won't object as he is remarried again n expecting for a baby soon. Kindly guide with the procedure to get the child legally adopted by my second husband.
Assuming you are Hindus,
The biological father of your child is still the natural guardian of the child.
For making a valid adoption the written consent from the biological father is a must.
After getting the consent, an adoption deed can be made and the same is required to be registered.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Landlord locked my rented house without formal notice
- Father wrote for a TV show but no credit was given to him
- Uncle sold grandfather's property and refusing to share it
- Land compensation paid to a wrong person
- Flat in joint name with wife can I transfer the property in my name