quesHow can second husband legally adopt my child from first marriage?

I m divorced on Feb1,2013 and remarried on 25th may 2013. I had a son with my first marriage whose custody has been granted to me. Me n my second husband want to get the my son legally adopted from my first husband.My son is turning 6 on 13thMay. My second husband was a widower and has two sons from first marriage. Most likely, my first husband won't object as he is remarried again n expecting for a baby soon. Kindly guide with the procedure to get the child legally adopted by my second husband.

  • ans

    Assuming you are Hindus,

    The biological father of your child is still the natural guardian of the child.

    For making a valid adoption the written consent from the biological father is a must.

    After getting the consent, an adoption deed can be made and the same is required to be registered.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am an Hindu. How can I become a single father of a Hindu male…
If petitioner being father filed a child custody in his state at district court, where…
My wife left me with and took my children with her. We were a joint…

Which parent has the chances of having the custody of the child below 5 years?

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Preeti Joshi

  District Court
 Experience: 9 years

View all >>