×

quesHow can second husband legally adopt my child from first marriage?

I m divorced on Feb1,2013 and remarried on 25th may 2013. I had a son with my first marriage whose custody has been granted to me. Me n my second husband want to get the my son legally adopted from my first husband.My son is turning 6 on 13thMay. My second husband was a widower and has two sons from first marriage. Most likely, my first husband won't object as he is remarried again n expecting for a baby soon. Kindly guide with the procedure to get the child legally adopted by my second husband.

Assuming you are Hindus,

The biological father of your child is still the natural guardian of the child.

For making a valid adoption the written consent from the biological father is a must.

After getting the consent, an adoption deed can be made and the same is required to be registered.