Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Validity of will as the property legally transferred in father's name

My mother died in 2010.She was owner of a flat thru p/a . The flat was then transferred in my father's name by the consent of all the 4 brothers. My father died in 2014. My youngest brother who was living my parents declined to share the property amongst all the brothers and produced a will allegedly written by my mother in his favour. My question is 1) if the will is still valid as the property was legally transferred in my father's name.

Answers (4)

The law of succession is very clear at the same time a registered will is equally important document to lay a valid claim upon the property. The documents which transferred the property in the name of deceased father can be of help both ways.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Is that WILL is registered? If it is a registered WILL then it is still valid, but without knowing about the WILL it is not possible to suggest you the better legal options, a fake WILL cannot be transferred, kindly revert back, hope I can help you in this case.
Jayatee Chatterjee

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
12 years Experience
Advocate Namrata Jayakar
Churchgate, Mumbai
15 years Experience
Advocate Saurabh Dalal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
12 years Experience

No, if your father had become the owner of the property, then mother's will does not mean a thing as one can't transfer something which he/she does not have.

you have mentioned that she was the owner through power of attorney? Please explain whose power of attorney? what is this transaction of brothers consenting and making father the owner. Ideally, after death of the mother, property will devolve upon the father and brothers in equal share. Please explain the facts in a little more detail.

Call me at 9711872319

Hi. In the narraw conspectus of facts shared by you, the answer to your query is No it is not valid. You will have to institute appropriate proceedings to get a share in the property of your father and also seek cancelation of the alleged Will.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Will at Home

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 14999
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 11000
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 14999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father died recently. I came to know that a Will was made in favor of my mother and sister. But the problem is my father was paralyzed for a few y…

Read More

My brother is not letting me have the share of property Willed to me by our father. A flat in Delhi in my mother's name was inherited 1/4 by my fa…

Read More

a person has written a 1st will in favour of his cousin daughter as he has no children of own but her daughter stays outside india so she never takes …

Read More

Can a will be registered even after death of testator?…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue