Gave money to friend and now she is threatening to file a case ?

My ex-colleague borrowed money from me by telling me a lie. After that whenever I ask her to return it she gave me excuses like - she will withdraw it from ATM and will give it, she will give it tomorrow, etc but never returned it. Now when I warned her today that I will file an FIR, she said that she will file a case of harassing and threating against me as she has a recording in which someone is saying that I have told that person that she has scammed me. ( but I never said this thing to anyone). I am not affraid because I have done anything wrong but I am concerned that what should I do

Answers (5)

260 votes

Dear Sir,--- Please clarify does there was any document signed between both of you at the time of money lending or had any cheque collected by you from her.If you having any cheque for the same amount present and after bouncing send her legal notice and further if no reply received file case u/S 138 N.I Act. If you have any document in writing based on cheque or document can file recovery suit or Summery suit .
for safity point can lodge police complaint also for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

250 votes

You may send a legal notice for recovery of your money in the case of a legally enforceable debt and thereafter you may institute a suit for recovery of money in accordance with the relevent provisions of code of civil procedure before a competent court of law exercising jurisdiction.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
203 votes

Since there is a fraud on his part you can file case for recovery of your money moreover therr is provision in law for your another worry also .. you can file case for injunction also ...
for further assistance you can meet me

348 votes

Before I give my legal opinion, I need to know few things which are as follows:
1. Do you have anything in written that you gave here the money?
2. What is the amount of money lend to her?
3. Every conversation you are having, is it written or oral? if oral, try to communicate everything in written.
4. Its okay I understand that you must have not done anything wrong but we need proof to establish that she is wrong.

Please furnish the answers to the above and I shall communicate my legal opinion to you.

272 votes

Don't be fear from her just file a suit for recovery and Police case for theaten and abuse you along side for recovery this is only solution in your case . Pls act accordingly for sake of justice. ....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles