What can be done to stop the sale of a building by brother

We are two brother .Recently my father prepare a deed of danpatra to my elder brother of his building there he (father) mentioned some part which has given to my elder brother. All this happened without notice me and my mother an other family members. Now he is try to sell this part of building without my permission and request to a third party, We are very much in trouble. My father is nothing give to me. What should I have to do.

Answers (3)

186 votes

Danpatra for immoveable property is to be registered. If danpatra for immoveable property is not registered then it is not effective.
However, since your father is alive, his danpatra is not effective for lack of registration. Your father is still the owner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

338 votes

Since the property belongs to your father, he can gift the same to whoever he wants. However, if you think the gift is not with free consent of your father and if you can somehow file a suit for cancellation of such gift and allege in the Court that such gift has been obtained by your elder brother practising fraud, undue,influence, misrepresentation etc., you can get an interim order of stay and your elder brother then cannot sell the property, thereafter if your allegation is established before the Court such gift shall be cancelled. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
57 votes

The property belongs to your father, so, he have every right to deal with it. He can gift and or sale his entire or part property of his own choice, where you cannot argue.
The only thing you can do, is to retain the possession.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles