Uncle refusing to provide papers of property belonging to grandfather

I belong to a hindu brahmin family, my grandfather purchased a plot (6 kattha) in Patna, Bihar. The land was registered on my grandmother's name. My grandmother died in 1997. My grandfather died in 2001. They had 2 children (boys) I.e. my father and his younger brother. A house was constructed on the land during the lifetime of both my grandparents. The house is constructed in approximately 2.5 kattha . We are currently living in this very house. My father (I.e. the elder son of my grand father) died in the year 2007. Since then my uncle ( my father's younger brother) has the custody of the property papers and refuses to even show us the papers. Recently I required the papers for a education loan which he refused to give. We are in a very problematic situation . Please advice us what to do.

Answers (2)

104 votes

In these circumstances you should filed a partition suit in the court having jurisdictions for the same.
secondly you can get the certified copy of the property from the registry office
and take help from a advocate for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

You are rightfully and legally entitled for your share in the property. Contact a good lawyer with all relevant facts and documents, apprise him with all facts and act according to his advice. I hope you will get relief.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles