Rights of children born from second marriage on father's property

My father first wife died after giving birth 2 boy children after that he married my mother she blessed with 1 boy and 1girl child.my grand father self acquired property is shared among 3 boy children and my father as per compromised petition.i was born after the suit is filed and before the compromise decree passed.my name is not there in decree.Am I eligible for share of property or not

Answers (3)

324 votes

Yes, you are entitle for share over the properties in the family. You can reopen the case subject to limitation. All children who are in the family entitle .equally. if the two wives are having children, the property is equally devide on them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

334 votes

Under hindu law, as far as succession to property is concerned, there is no distinction between the rights born to children out of first or second wife. In your case, you acquired a right on the ancestral property by birth therefore you are eligible for a share in the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
224 votes

It's a self acquired property and your father has divided it among the three of his sons as is his prerogative and he has all the right to do so as it's not ancestral property. You don't get a share in the property which is already divulged to your brothers.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My father has two marriages. He married second time after the death of first wife. Now my father is dead. The property should be distributed to the ki…

Read More

Mr A expired without WILL and left his Mother, Wife, son and two daughters. Out of 5 Legal heirs, 4 members written a Partition Deed leaving Mr A'…

Read More

We both husband and wife got separate scheme allotment through MHADA lottery. MHADA officials issued cancellation letter for one house due to non docu…

Read More

 i got married, after marriage my fother and mother both are not carring me. I am in poor situation. My husband only carring me. My father is an …

Read More