Mother after death of step father, don't want to give me property.

I am the child from my mother's first wedlock. Thereafter my father expired and then my mother married my father's brother. From the second marriage there are 2 kids. Now my father's brother has also expired. Now mother does not wish to give me any property which came on her name after father's brother's death. The property belonged to father's brother. Can i claim any share in it?

Answers (2)

189 votes

According to the Hindu succession act step son can only claim from the self aquired property of the parents, since your mother has now inherited the property from your father s brother and not your father, so you are not entitled for a share in it, but if the property held by your father s brother is an ancestral one, then you can claim share as a right

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

85 votes

Yes, you can claim your share from your father's property if your father didn't register any will in favour of your mother during his life time. If your father didn't register any will of his property, you can claim it. Your mother can't restrain you to get your share.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles