How to get the tenant to vacate the flat

I rented my flat to a tenant 2 years back. Her husband is out of country from last 1 year. I have made registered rent agreement with his wife. Agreement expiring on june 2017. I want my flat to be vacate but she is not vacating it. What can i do ? I myself live in a rented house.

Answers (4)

219 votes

If their is a registered rent agreement then 7days notice or as per terms of rent agreement has to be given to vacate.and if the tenant fails to Vacate move the court for passion with damages.if their is no registered agreement then it's month to month tenancy and give 7 days notice and then move Court to take possession.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

You give her an advance notice to vacate the said property then if she does not do that then you can file an eviction suit on the various gROUBDS AVAILable in the Delhi rent control act e.g. bonafide requirement

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
272 votes

Is it an unregistered lease for 11 months? If that is the case you have to serve the tenant with a legal notice under Section 106 of the Transfer of Property Act to vacate the premises within one month. If the tenant refuses to vacate, then you will have to file a suit for recovery and possession of suit premises before the civil court.

100 votes

Depending on the quantum of rent and where the property is situated, legal recourse including eviction is fully available . Based on the limited information here you have a strong case if presented properly to the court

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles