How to claim over father's property after his death if will is made

Hindu mitharacta family =my father had 4sons;2daughters father died on2008 leaving will in favour of sons only with respect partitioned grand fathers property father got it on deed by 1975 he made will on 2002 what about sons share* daughters share please answer me ?

Answers (4)

166 votes

The property will devolve according to the will only. if you want to challenge the Will then there is chance of getting the property if the will is obtain under the circumstances which was not permitted by law. first file partition suit. there may come family arrangement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

As per dictum laid down in uttama vs subash singh,in civil Appeal no.2360/2016 ,a conjoint reading of sec.4,8,19 of hindu succession act,after joint family property has been distributed in accordance with section 8 on principles of intestacy,joint family ceased to be joint family property in hands of various person who have succeeded to it as they hold property as tenants in common and not as tenants it can be assumed as father's self acquired property and you have to deal by will

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
217 votes

Your father obtained the property by way of family partition. Your father can WILL away the said property to any one he desires out of love and affection. The most important aspect of the WILL is it need to be proved. if it is not proved then the property will become the common estate (property) between the brothers and sisters. They share the property as co-sharer equal to each other. Many factors can decide and tell the court a specific WILL is a valid one or not.

202 votes

The law says that, if any property devolved by any person from his forefathers through partition, then such property becomes absolute like that of self acquired. The same can be given to anybody, likewise your father did the same and the names present in the will can alone share the said property and not by others.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles