Clarification on transfer of grandfather's property in father's name

Hi, this question is regarding a property on which we currently stay. Its an individual bungalow in a society. It belongs to my grandfather. In society's records, the 1st name is my grandfather's & 2nd is my father's. My father has 6 siblings (5 sisters & 1 brother). My grandfather doesn't wish to sell the place & wants us to stay here but the moment he'll be no longer there, we might be forced to sell & everyone will ask for their share. He might be ready to transfer the property in my father's name (or split between 2 sons) & as long as we are aware, he doesn't have a will. In this case, how should we proceed..?

If your Grandfather purchased this property by own than he can transfer all the rights and ownership in your fathers name which he was having from the time of purchasing. He can transfer his legal rights.

Dear Sir, if your grandfather wants to transfer his property into your father's name in his presence and in absence of Will the alternate is to transfer by executing and registering the Deed before the Sub-Registrar Office where the property is situated. Whether the grandfather is alive?? And more details are required for solving the query.

Your grandfather may execute "Gift Deed" in favour of his son/sons to whom he wishes to be there in the property. As the said property is purchased by your grandfather, he may gift or make will of the said property.

Adv. Suneeta Shukla