Clarification on transfer of grandfather's property in father's name

Hi, this question is regarding a property on which we currently stay. Its an individual bungalow in a society. It belongs to my grandfather. In society's records, the 1st name is my grandfather's & 2nd is my father's. My father has 6 siblings (5 sisters & 1 brother). My grandfather doesn't wish to sell the place & wants us to stay here but the moment he'll be no longer there, we might be forced to sell & everyone will ask for their share. He might be ready to transfer the property in my father's name (or split between 2 sons) & as long as we are aware, he doesn't have a will. In this case, how should we proceed..?

Answers (3)

101 votes

If your Grandfather purchased this property by own than he can transfer all the rights and ownership in your fathers name which he was having from the time of purchasing. He can transfer his legal rights.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

Dear Sir, if your grandfather wants to transfer his property into your father's name in his presence and in absence of Will the alternate is to transfer by executing and registering the Deed before the Sub-Registrar Office where the property is situated. Whether the grandfather is alive?? And more details are required for solving the query.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
323 votes

Your grandfather may execute "Gift Deed" in favour of his son/sons to whom he wishes to be there in the property. As the said property is purchased by your grandfather, he may gift or make will of the said property.

Adv. Suneeta Shukla

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles