Can grandfather give share of property to grandson living separately

Hi, i am hindu (brahmin). from agra. and my grand pa is living in agra city. i did not support of my father and i m living seperately from my father from last 32 years. but now my grand pa want to give me property but my tau ji wants that no property should be given to me he wants to name the property to their son. so may know how can my grand pa name the property without going tehsil there is any option to write name property at home.

Answers (2)

148 votes

it is possible by creation of will. if one wants to divide his property unequally then making a will is absolutely essential. Even if no will has been made by the testator the property can be divided equally amongst the legal heirs after death of testator.No stamp duty is required to be paid for executing a Will or a codicil.
A Will, therefore, need not be made on stamp paper but A Will must be attested by two witnesses who must witness the testator executing the Will. The witnesses should sign in the presence of each other and in the presence of the testator. The registration of a document provides evidence that the proper parties had appeared before the registering officers and the latter had attested the same after ascertaining their identity. In India, the registration of Wills is not compulsory even if it relates to immoveable property. The non-registration of a Will does not lead to any inference against the genuineness of a Will. In other words, registration therefore does not give any special sanctity to the Will though registration of the Will by the testator himself evidences the genuineness of the Will. Whether registered or not, a Will must be proved as duly and validly executed, as required by the Indian Succession Act. Once a Will is registered, it is placed in the safe custody of the Registrar and therefore cannot be tampered with, destroyed, mutilated or stolen. A Will is to be registered with the registrar/sub-registrar with a nominal registration fee. The testator must be personally present at the registrar’s office along with witnesses.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes

Grandfather has the soul right to transfer his proerty to his son or grandson as per his wish. There is no bar for the same. The sale deed may be challenged by your Tauji but the Court shall be in your favor for sure.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Ghar ko banwane me papa aur hum teen Bhai ka pura paisa lga hai Sirf zameen papa ne maa ke Naam se kharidi thi.likin choti bahan ka divorce ho chuka h…

Read More

If I have my home inside & infront there are some another home do i have the right to drain out water thru the common path if yes how will i do th…

Read More

I am Hindu and my age is 38 years. I am a girl child to my father and he thinks that girl is not our family. As my father want all his property be enj…

Read More

We own a road touch agriculture Land property. There are several private lands A, B(our), C, D, E Adjacent to each other and all beside the road. Clog…

Read More