mother died without will, who will get the property?

my mother died intestate, she had property in her name. we are left with father, sister and me. father has done 2nd marriage. who will get the share of the property?

The answer to above query cannot be given in direct terms. The first question that needs to be answered if whether the property was purchased by the Husband or was an ancestral property that may have devolved upon the Mother from her father. As per the Sharia Law, your father will get 1/4th of the property.

Also important to know is whether the father of your mother is still alive. If not, then you will get 1/2 of the property and your sister will get 1/4th of the Property.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai