How can I file for divorce under muslim law

My age 28 yrs wife 20 yrs;no child;married tym 11 month.3 ppl in family myself wife and mom; mom age 55yrs. I don't want to stay with her now. Since 6 months neither wife or her family saying what they want not coming in metting she is staying at her father's place.pls suggest as per Indian n Muslim law Facts She has taken her cloths;footwear;gifted item from Me and mom saying that i want clothes due to her brother marriage ceremony. She is staying in nasik and not replying nothing Qtns 1) how to safe guard me and mom against 498a and dv 2)if she ask for her docs like passport should i give her it's in father's name currently what should i do. 3)I don't want to divorce her bcz of maintenance i don't have that much income.what to do 4) I have send her letter that if no meeting or conversation in 1 month it will be declared khula (Muslim law)from wife side. She will not be in my nikah. Is this letter helpful. 5) my mother already did pc on her mental curelty n dv Pls answer above qts

Answers (1)

235 votes


In my opinion you should first move RCR (Restitution of Conjugal Rights) petition and then think of divorce petition.

For Muslims there are other ways too.

About your questions related to 498A and DV Act just contact me I will guide you in details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles