Paraplegic after Spine surgery with no bladder sensation what action

In Medical Negligence Law

I was loosing power in my legs and trouble while walking/standing for which doc told me to undergo a Minor Spine surgery post which 7 days in hospital for observation and 21 days of rest at home. however it resulted into paraplegy from below the stomach.He then arranged for another surgery in his govt hospital . Few months later, I was diagnosed with Myositis ossificans which took a 3Lakhs amount for operation in Pvt hospital. Now I have regained walking with Prosthetics but still no Bowel and Bladder recovery. can this be taken up as medical negligence and compensation be sought?

Answers (1)

366 votes

A doctor can be held liable for negligence only if one can prove that she/ he is guilty of a failure that no doctor with ordinary skills would be guilty of if acting with reasonable care. An error of judgment constitutes negligence only if a reasonably competent professional with the standard skills that the defendant professes to have, and acting with ordinary care, would not have made the same error. But in this case you can file a case against the doctor in the consumer court and ask for compensation for medical negligence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."