Doctor treating patient with wrong treatment deliberately. What to do?

I want to know about legal proceedings against doctor attending patient deliberately with wrong treatment.




The doctor can be prosecuted under the Criminal Law for cheating and criminal breach of trust and in addition, you can seek damages from him in the civil court.


You can simultaneously file a complaint with Medical Council of India for misconduct on part of the doctor.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My daughter had a total body check up done at a diagnostic and pathology center. She was further advised to get a Comprehensive Allergy Testing of Rs.…

Read More

Sir I m working in a private psychiatry hospital as an emergency medical officer and a psychiatric patient commited suicide at night in his room while…

Read More

If the name of a doctor has been removed from medical registry temporarily for medical misconduct,What dhould be done by the doctor against that?…

Read More

I lost my newly born daughter after 15 days of birth due to Trisomony 18 which cannot cure. During 16 th week of pregnancy hospital test these and rep…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue