What will happen if I do not pay the rent for 8 months ?

Hi all one of my friend is living in a nestaway property and she has not paid the rent for almost 8 months but she has paid the other charges to the landlord like electricity and maintainance she has not even signed any agreement and now the company people are telling her that they will file a FIR against her. She has not paid the rent because she was ill and she doesnt have a job which has been communicate to the company. Could you please tell me the consequences of what will happen if she leaves the property without informing any one and can the company file an FIR against her in absence of a written agreement.

Answers (1)

87 votes

In absense of an agreement , the company can sue your friend for eviction on the ground of non payment of rent as well as arrears of rent under the local tenancy act or transfer of property act based on the amount of rent. FIR can not be lodged on ground of non payment of rent but if your friend leaves the property without informing, then the land lord can file FIR on other ground based on factual situation. It will be better if you talk to your land lord And pay the rent before leaving.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."