Tenants sold property to promoters what action can I take

we are living in a house rented by my grandmother in 1937 but from 1961 rent is being given in rent control office.in 2012 the land lord son illegally sold the property to the promoters without telling us.the promoters gave us a letter saying they now the landlord of the said property.so we filed a case .neither the son of the land lord or the promoters did not issue us any eviction notice but as per court order they are telling we ate tresspassers.now what should we do.the promoters told us that they will give us a flat for which an agreement was made but not signed by them.

Answers (2)

82 votes

Either you get that agreement signed or you are free not to evict the premises rented to you, as the landlord was legally required by law to provide a proper notice atleast 2 months prior. Thus, if the eviction suit has been filed you can contest the same by stating the failure on the part of the landlord to give a proper notice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

324 votes

To follow the Ld. Lawyer, who filed a suit for Injunction against Promoter as well as the son of the Landlord. In this Case, if you prove that you being a Tenant from since long and have enjoy the tenancy right then the Suit may go in favour of you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."