Tenant refusing to vacate the rented premises what action can I take

My grand mother rented two rooms to a family at about 40 years ago, the tenant died many years ago and now his son along with his wife and 3 children are there. They have two more houses where the other family members lives (along with the wife of tenant), we tried many times to get those rooms back but they always refuse to do that, we have only one room set, we r six members in our family, we both brothers and my sister are upto the age of marriage but couldn't get because of this issue, and can't effort the price they are demanding, every time when we use to talk to them they started abuse

Answers (3)

51 votes

Hi. First tell me what is the prevailing rent. If the rent is below 3500 we can file a petition in drc act for bonafide need of the landlord and if it is above 3500 we can file suit for possession .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

File eviction petition before rent ontrollet for evicti on of tenant if rent is up tothree thousand give hundred only else you can file suite for possessions by claiming in relevant provision of law court will issue notice and after hearing both the parties court will issue eviction order for leggally
Filing suite you can contact me in.person

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
301 votes

You can file a petition in court for vacating thr premesis on thegground of prrsonal requirements. The court where the case has to be filed will depend upon the state in ehich thr property is located and the rent of the premesis paid duly or not.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."