Legal remedy to recover security deposit from landlord

I rented a flat in sector 23 from 01st June 2017. The owners were very elderly and quite rude from the beginning, but I thought that it was typical according to their age and trusted them. I was to be married in the same month, due to which I had to leave for 15 days for my hometown. Prior to leaving, I had signed the rent agreement about which they became very rude and adamant that I only sign and not read it fully. They kept the rent agreement with them saying that the property is in the name of their son, and they will give me the agreement after he signs it. I shifted with my sister, so I did not have much choice than to sign and give it to them based on trust. After I came back on 01st July 2017, after being married, I asked them to refund my security deposit of 17,000/- as I want to move out. They absolutely refused and asked me to either pay the rent for the July month or vacate the flat immediately. So we had to move out on the same day. Please help get my deposit back! :'(

Answers (1)

174 votes

You can file suit for money recovery of Rent along with interest before the Civil Court,Gurgaon.
In these cases,we need to establish that there was a formal rent agreement executed and the terms and conditions of the same will be enforced upon both the parties.
You can contact me if need further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."