Legal remedy as tenant not vacating since 50 years of tenancy

My father owns an ancestral piece of land . some of it has commercial space . grandfather gave a small shop to dhaba owner 50 years ago at a rent of mere 20 rs per month . now the original tenant have died long back and his son's are not vacating the place . and of course not interested in increasing the rent .please suggest some grounds which can be put upon to get the possession . the rent control act in UP has majorly affected the landlords .

Answers (1)

307 votes

Rent control legislation is a social legislation and basically was adopted with a view to safeguard the rights of both the landlords and tenants, provided both should be fair enough to with each other. In your case the rent which u have stated is too meager, which should not be there in today's time. Hon'ble Supreme Court is also in favour of landlords regarding the amount of rent. You can go for the ground of reasonable and bonafide necessity and otherwise also some other effective grounds which entirely depends upon the facts and situation prevailing in your case. Rest all is matter of fact and specific advise can be given only after the perusal of papers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."