How to get premise vacated after judgment has been granted

Dear sir/s, I have judgement granting me possession of my shop within 60 days. How to count this 60 days? Should I omit week-ends & court holidays?if I count continuously, 87 days have passed.My advocate has handed over this process of eviction to some another person,who is specialised in this.My tenant is unaware of this judgement as this is ex-parte judgement and prima facie case.Are there any chances that tenant can prevent eviction? Case was about arears in rent, on subletting ground, not using premises for purpose provided in agreement, bonafide use and charges of electricity theft (with proof). I m afraid of time limit to obtain possession decree. Plz guide. I m in strict need of my shop for bonafide use.

Answers (1)

253 votes

As you said you advocate has handed over this process of eviction to some another person,who is specialized in this you don't have to be worried about it. Usually only the ending day is considered as holiday if it is - and day is extended according to it. Not the holidays falling during the mentioned period.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."