House has been rented but without rental agreement not signed by tenan

house has been rented out.but from last 3 months i have not received any rent and the advance amount has also exhausted.Asked the tenant to vacate but from 2 months telling stories today or tommorrow we will vacate....Main thing i dont have a rental agreement. can i go legally....plz suggest

Answers (1)

215 votes

First and foremost in the proper way get the agreement executed between both the parties in good ways latter you can take legal action against as such there is a provision in limit Staion Act , 1963 and the recent suprem court judgement too which is called Adverse Possession henceforth I can suggest you to take the apporpriate action at the earliest possible

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."