Clarification on items of tenant sold by landlord to recover rent

One person was taken my house for rent and disnt paid rent for 3 months. Then he went some where and we have given him 6 months time to vacate by paying 3 months rent otherwise we will sell all his home items which are left in our house . He did not came after 6 six months then we sell them. Now after 2 years he came and asking his items and had put case on us .is there any legal Act to face this situation please help me we are aged people we cannot roam around stations at this age

Answers (2)

134 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

Yes if he is not paid that rent then you have right to recover by selling items before doing this you had to send legal notice to him and also take permission from the court. for further discussion consult me through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

Contact a lawyer nearby who can help you. Your lawyer will attend the matter. You have a solid proof. What was his complaint? You explain to your lawyer so that right remedy will be assured to you. If you need any further assistance contact me.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."