Can I sublet my house without owners permission

Hi, Put up my TNHB rented house on Airbnb, They have send me a notice saying I am subletting the house without owners permission.I have been served with legal notice and asked to vacate the property. How do I handle the same?

If there is a condition that you cannot sublet without the express consent of TNHB, you should comply with it. Ask your sub-tenant to vacate first, and then confirm the fact to TNHB, in response to their notice.

Hello Sir/Madam,
Sub-letting Without owner's permission is a ground for Owner to seek the court for vacating the tenant from the premise. If you've entered into a rent agreement with the owner and it expressly bars you from sub-letting, then when you sub-let, owner can ask you to vacate. If there's no agreement then you ask permission now from owner and if he wishes he can permit you to sub-let, or else you can't sub-let.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers