Alterations made in the flat purchased by father, landlord evicting us

Flat Purchased by my father in year 1960 in year 1974 With landlords father in laws permission kitchen platform was shifted to passage outside kitchen toilet and bathroom were joined having only one door now in 2009 Landlord says to evict from flat because alteration hv been made no pillars r touched no structural changes made he has filed case in small causes court mumbai pl help

Answers (1)

244 votes

Dear Client,
no body other that the landlord has the power to grant permission to carry out such drastic changes in the premises, more so the said permission has to be in writing, with the clear agreement on who will bear the expenses for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."