quesSigned a bond before joining. Do i have to pay as per bond if i leave?

I am working as a trainee since 3 months in an IT Company. At time of joining they asked me to sign a bond for 3 years & submit a cheque of Rs.3 lacs as security. Now I want to leave my job as I am getting frustrated there.


Will I have to pay Rs.3 lacs if I leave the job? Suggest me what to do?

  • ans

    Before forming any opinion, we need to go through the detailed terms of appointment mentioned in your appointment letter. As per the details mentioned by you, the terms appear to be one sided. Your company may have spent some amount on your training, etc.


    You may read the terms of appointment carefully, there might be a notice clause. It is not necessary that you have to pay a sum of Rs 3 lacs, however, as mentioned above, we'll have to review your appointment letter to advise you on the same. 


    You may intimate your bank, as well as your employer as a stop payment advice for any funds from your bank account, so that you have a defence for any action by your employer.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir i have joined as govt regular teacher in 2015. The recruitment was of 1100…
i am technically resign from depatment of post(central govt),after working 11yrs(1996 to 2007);and join as…
Dear Sir I request for your kind suggestions on following 1. Whether private organizations have…
I had spent some amount and directly given him some amount when he was in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate D S Chadha

 Experience: 5 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly