×

quesSC cleared exam bt got selected as general in interview

In an examination held by State Public Service Commission, a candidate cleared the written exam, as an SC candidate. But in interview, he cleared the cut-off marks of general category, so he was awarded a general seat,even though he got selected to appear for interview only as an SC candidate. Sir, I wanna know if that's within the laws or not. Kindly mention as where to get the related documents(Government Orders and all).

• ans All candidates are eligible to compete under General Category, alongwith their respective reserved quota, except General category candidates, who have to compete only under General Category.

If a candidate clears the written exam under relaxed standards, as an SC candidate, he has to be finally selected under SC quota only, inspite of his clearing the interview by scoring equivalent cut-off marks of a General Category candidate.

On the other hand, if an SC candidate had cleared the Screening exam(Written exam) and Interview, without any relaxation in standard, and had obtained equal marks as that of a General Candidate, then only he can be placed in General Category.

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services