Salary not paid and company asking to resign. How to recover salary?

My company which hasn’t paid my salary for the last 6 months is asking me to resign. The company has been delaying the salary since the last 3 to 4 months. Should I resign? What if they do not give my salary? I am working as a senior executive earning a salary of Rs.70,000 per month.

Answers (1)

475 votes

First of all why are they asking you to resign? It is essential to know the reason so as to understand your problem correctly.

However, you can resign if you want to and with respect to your unpaid salary that can be claimed later. You can send them a legal notice demanding your salary along with full and final settlement within 30 days. 

If the said payment is not made within 30 days then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company for the payment of your full and final settlement. You can also claim interest as well as damages for the mental harassment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles