Remedy as PF deducted from salary after employee left the company

Hi I had been working with a company for 1.6 years I had been getting 12000 inhand salary I left it 2 months ago My Feb months 9 days salary and security deposit was pending with them They have now given me the remaining 9 days salary and deposit amount of 12000 by deducting the PF of around 12000 when I am not even employed with that company My new company created my pf account. The previous company has not even created that and deducted saying CA has made apporx calculations

Answers (2)

you can make complaint into labor court and ask for return your security deposit. also you can complaint into ESIC for deducting pf without pf account. now labor law are so much strong. private companies didn't follow rules so court may teach them what is law and how it works...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

What they have done is a crime under the ESI and PF Act. What you can do is the following:
1. You can file a compliant about the same to the ESI and PF office where the company is situated. Any person can compliant about the same even if he is not the employee of the company.

2. If they still don't respond then send them a legal notice drafted by a lawyer;

Section 7A of the said Act provides: Determination of monies due from employers – The Central Provident Fund Commissioner, any Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner, any Deputy Provident Fund Commissioner, any Regional Provident Fund Commissioner or any Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner may, by order,

i. in a case where a dispute arises regarding the applicability of this Act to an establishment, decide such dispute; and
ii. determine the amount due from any employer under any provision of this Act, the Scheme or the Pension Scheme or the Insurance Scheme, as the case may be, and for any of the aforesaid purposes may conduct such inquiry as he may deem necessary.

3. You can also file an FIR against the company for cheating etc.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions


Read More

R/sir, I have a small query My father died in 2012, he was employee of N.F.L., Panipat unit without any specified will of Property and still have PF w…

Read More

Want to file a case against my company for not promoting me for many years lrading to excessive stress and brain hammourage…

Read More

My wife is an iim grad working for a major telecom company. Despite getting a decent compensation, she is required to travel to multiple locations wit…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue