No notice provided prior to leave the job.

My name is prathap from chennai. last 2 month back i was join one company right now they are saying to me you can leave from the company and no need to come office they are saying.How fair it should be . Previous i worked with J-Technologies , i resign from that company and i join with millennium technologies.So right now with out any notice they are saying you can leave .So right now i am thinking i have to legal way. May i know how far for me position will come .May i know what i will get.

Answers (1)

125 votes
It is important to see the terms and conditions of your appointment to advise you most appropriately. Hope you have the appointment letter with you. Usually there is a clause that tells about notice to be issued by either party in case of the company terminating your service or you are resigning. The company can ask you to leave without notice; in such an event the company will be liable to compensate you. It is usually a month's salary in lieu of no notice to the employee. Demand a relieving letter from the company. Demand the compensation. Of the company doesn't comply as per clauses in the appointment letter you will need to send a legal notice to the company.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles