×

quesMaximum period to file a case for not giving notice of resignation?

What is the maximum period within which an employer can file a case against an employee for not giving notice before resignation? My employer appointed on 1 month notice condition but I left without notice or giving a month salary.

The limitation period for filing a civil suit is three years. In your case, the employer can recover one month salary. So, the limitation will start from the cause of action, that is, the date you left the company. 

In addition, the employer may file an absconding case on you.

Therefore, your employer can file a case against the employee till 3 years from the cause of action.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only