EPFO denied for service due to errors

This is related to PF claim settlement.I have submitted my claim form to EPFO,RO Oct but amount still not settled.Reason they are saying is NEFT transfer failed due to “invalid IFSC receiver”.Again I submitted form on 8th Dec but the NEFT done through ABC failed as ‘invalid IFSC”,but there was no error with the bank details I have submitted.When I inquired through RBI,its confirmed that SBI (Where EPFO hold account) missed to update their data base properly hence transactions towards my account failed.Still amount not settled by epfo due to the error of their bank.I think PF rule itself says to ensure proper settlement and payment to beneficiary is the responsibility of PF commissioner if form received with all correct details.EPFO also submitted a false & fake statement to Directorate of public grievance as my branch changed from one to another hence transaction failed (Manipulated statement).Is this matter can be filed in court for compensation

Answers (1)

232 votes

Yes. You can file a writ petition before High Court of Your Jurisdiction. You can demand payment of the EPF and also can claim interest for the default committed by them. Once you file a writ petition, the amounts will get released as soon as possible. Also you can seek action against false statement to the Directorate of Public Grievance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles