Coy asking to pay as appointment letter accepted but did not join

My son accepted a joining letter of Coy at Noida but due to ill health of his wife he had not joined the coy he also informed the coy accordingly.Coy sent two reminder. After Feb 17, there was no Correspondence. But now Coy sent summon through Saket district court New Delhi. Hearing date is 06 Mar 18. What is to be done. Will my son has to pay as it was condition in appointement letter and my son accepted joining letter.

If you have received the summons from court this means that the company has filed a law suit against your son for breach of contract. You will have to appear in the court with a lawyer and have to contest the matter in accordance with the law. If you chose not to appear before the court the judge can pass an ex-parte order against you. A proper response in a prescribed manner has to be filed before the court on your behalf. Thanks
Ankit Sharma
Advocate
9899887542