Contractual employee of govt dept asked to leave without notice

working on contractual basis in government dept for 3 years. The contract is supposed to be renewed every year. My contract renewal was due in January but i wasn't informed about the same till date. Now recently i came to know that i have been asked to hand over all the documents and my post. I want to know what are my legal rights?

We would like to see your contract to find out the terms.
But if the contract is not renewed and you continued in the service even after the term getting over, with knowledge of your employer then its an implied extension of your contract.
You can challenge the termination in a court.