Company is not giving my relieving letter what to do

Hi,I am  working for a software company in Bangalore. I was terminated from the Company for giving a funny gift to a female employee as part of Secret santa game(explained below) which was conducted by the company. As per the game rules I should give a funny gift on Thursday to my Angel. I gave a very big Brinjal just for fun and I don't know that it has some double meaning(Brinjal is used as womens sex toy, I have read this in internet) and I have bought this while my fellow friends buying similar kind of gifts for their angels and I was never thought intentionally to give such gift and for this I was terminated from company due to hurting female employee feelings. Now they are saying this comes under sexual harrasment and I will not get a Normal Relieving letter. help pls Secret Santa game All participants names are placed into a box and mixed up each person then chooses one name from the box but doesn't tell anyone which name was picked & is now responsible for buying a gift.

Answers (1)

250 votes

What you are stated game is not you done intentional, it not sexual harassment in work place .
Normally the employer release the relieving letter as per the appointment and offer letter, consult and send legal notice, if not replied properly, then file a appropriate suit and get relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles