×

quesCompany down sizing. Asking employees to leave. Can i ask compensation

Hi My company is down sizing. They are telling some employees to put resignation and leave. They are giving only 10-15 days of time to look for a new job. However, employees are required to work in these days also. So looking for a job is not possible like attending interviews. But they are not giving any compensation where as only giving the salary till last working day. My question is are we eligible for any kind of compensation?

• ansYou may not be eligible for any kind of compensation because your's is a private company and moreover at the time of joining your company you might have given an undertaking that you will not claim any sort of compensation or damages against your working company during your employment period.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only