Can I do anything if i am not promoted but eligible for the promotion?

I am working in one of the Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India in middle order executive post. Since last 10 years I have appeared 4 times in the internal interviews conducted by the departmental promotion committee of my company for promotion to the next higher level.

There are the criteria of 3 years working in the current cadre and then one year for every higher cadre. On all the 4 occasion I have not considered or promotion in all the 4 interviews. These interviews were held in year 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2014. Please advise.

Answer

We can guide you on the legal aspect only once you can apprise us of the reason/grounds due to which you are not being considered for the promotion.

We would suggest that you demand a reason in writing for denying you the promotion as you meet the set criteria. 

Once you are given a reason in writing, thereafter, we would first suggest you to make representations to the Company to consider your promotion. If the same is rejected, then you can file a civil suit for declaration that you are entitled to promotion as per the Office criteria.