quesCan I cancel my permanent post and work as contract employee

I am currently working on a contract basis govt post. I had applied for a permanent post and i have been appointed a permanent govt post in a different department of the govt. In the order for permanent post there is no mention of my current contract post and also nothing is mentioned about relieving from the current contract post. Now if i dont want to join the permanent post Can I still continue with the contract post? Is there any rule saying once the subsequent order has come for the permanent post, contract post automatically gets cancelled?

  • ansHave you received the permanent appointment letter from the company if yes then your contractual post automatically gets cancelled as you are no more working as a contract employee. In the organisation you were working should give you a relieving letter which should solve your confusion.

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I dissolved my partnership firm recently. We were 3 partners. We have all gone our…

I have dispute with ex employer relevant termination with out any notice pay
I am working in a PSU company as an assistant engineer in maintenance department.I want…
Hi, I work for a IT firm, who are into mobile phone development. SOme of…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly