Can I break employment bond and not serve Notice period

I work in a small company and signed an Employment bond of 2 years. Some of the points it includes are. 1. They have taken 3 cheques each of 25000 with future dates of 3,9,15 months. 2. If I leave the organisation before 2 years they will encash them and I have to pay 1.5 times the salary provided to me, till the date of leaving. 3. At few places it is written that my Probabation period is 6 months and If I leave before that then my notice period would be of 1 month and otherwise it would be of 2 months. But at some places it is written that my Probabation period is 1 year. I want to leave the organisation and join another one in 2 weeks. I have spent 6 months and 10 days in this company. My cheques which I have given are of SBBJ Bank which is now being merged to SBI.And according to the rules my cheques are now invalid. Please help me what should I do.Can I abscond or should I put a medical issue or write a proper resignation. Thanks

Answers (1)

312 votes

Give resignation on mail and mentioned about cheque no. And amount which you have given.
Mentioned clearly that u don't want to continue and ready to serve 1 month notice and all given cheque will be forfitted after notice.
No one can bound for service as a bonded labour

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles