Brother asked for leave but officer has not sanction the leave

My brother is serving in Indian Army and he said to his commanding officer for leave, because he want to short out his family problems but his officer has not sanction his leave and said him for a charge sheet and a punishment. Sir, his 30 days annual leave and 25 days casual leave is already balance for this year. Sir please give some idea to short out this

Answers (1)

281 votes

Hello sir,
Leave in Army is not matter of right, it's a privilege, however the officer can not ignore the requirements of a soldier. The leave of soldier can be postponed depending on commitment of the unit but cannot be denied to him. Due to leave application Commanding officer can not award punishment. The CO is also bound by law and his duties, he can only act as per commitment of the unit and not as per his will and caprice.
In my opinion if balance of leave available he should get his leave, sooner or later, but cannot be denied. Regds

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles