Wife is not coming back after marriage parents asking for property

Hi Sir/Madam My Name is S After Getting Divorce from my first wife I saw a poor girl near my house and talked with their parents and fixed my second marriage in a Tempel on 25-2-2018(Just 40 days back) and Tied a Tali to her and AFTER MARRIAGE THEIR PARENTS ARE NOT SENDING HER TO MY HOUSE if I ask they first told we should go to Kula Deiva Temple and then they will send her but they are not Taking us to Temple Nor Sending her to my House and Now they are TELLING YOU SHOULD REGISTER THE MARRIAGE THEN WE WILL SEE. I think she and her parents are trying to take my PROPERTY (I Have a House 3 floors one) SO ONLY SHE IS NOT COMING TO MY HOUSE AFTER MARRIAGE. She has not been with me for 1 minute also. My marriage is not still Registered and I want to know that This marriage is valid without Registration? (I have Tied her Tali in Temple That's all No Homa or any other Rites or Formalities has been done in Temple so this marriage is valid or not) If my Second Marriage is Not Valid then

Answers (1)

Marriage need not be register so as to be valid. If it is performed in accordance with the customs of your caste/community, it would be valid. If your caste prescribes saptapadi as a necessary ingredient of marriage and the same is not performed, the marriage cannot be said to be valid. If you want to proceed on the premise that the marriage is valid, you can file a Petition before the Jurisdictional Family Court, seeking for restitution of marital rights. If you don't want to proceed on the premise that the marriage is valid, your course would depend on the remedy you are seeking for. (The remedy you are seeking has not been made clear in your query.)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My dad is not interested in my family. He is living with another woman and is not divorcing my mom. We have a huge ancestral property which is not div…

Read More

can grand son have a right to entitle grand fathers property after death of grand father…

Read More

This is my grand fathers house, 3 male+ 3 female brothers told they are not giving share in the house ok we agreed to get the little amount but still …

Read More

I was borne in a Punjabi family. Hindu is my religion. I am the only daughter of my parents and now married for 15 years. My father owns a joint prope…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue