×

Wife is not coming back after marriage parents asking for property

Hi Sir/Madam My Name is S After Getting Divorce from my first wife I saw a poor girl near my house and talked with their parents and fixed my second marriage in a Tempel on 25-2-2018(Just 40 days back) and Tied a Tali to her and AFTER MARRIAGE THEIR PARENTS ARE NOT SENDING HER TO MY HOUSE if I ask they first told we should go to Kula Deiva Temple and then they will send her but they are not Taking us to Temple Nor Sending her to my House and Now they are TELLING YOU SHOULD REGISTER THE MARRIAGE THEN WE WILL SEE. I think she and her parents are trying to take my PROPERTY (I Have a House 3 floors one) SO ONLY SHE IS NOT COMING TO MY HOUSE AFTER MARRIAGE. She has not been with me for 1 minute also. My marriage is not still Registered and I want to know that This marriage is valid without Registration? (I have Tied her Tali in Temple That's all No Homa or any other Rites or Formalities has been done in Temple so this marriage is valid or not) If my Second Marriage is Not Valid then

Marriage need not be register so as to be valid. If it is performed in accordance with the customs of your caste/community, it would be valid. If your caste prescribes saptapadi as a necessary ingredient of marriage and the same is not performed, the marriage cannot be said to be valid. If you want to proceed on the premise that the marriage is valid, you can file a Petition before the Jurisdictional Family Court, seeking for restitution of marital rights. If you don't want to proceed on the premise that the marriage is valid, your course would depend on the remedy you are seeking for. (The remedy you are seeking has not been made clear in your query.)

Advocate Preeti Joshi