Wife forcing husband to leave friendship with female friend

I have a friend. She is married. Her husband is also a good friend of mine. He supports and respects our friendship. I love my wife and performs every familial responsibility sincerely. But my wife and her family members suspects me with my friendship. My wife wants me to forget my friendship completely only because she cannot bear with it and pressurising me regarding this. I had shared everything about my friendship with my wife long before my marriage. Now is it my fault to have friendship to anyone? Is it justified to force me to renounce a 10 years long friendship only because my wife cannot bear with it? Is it not my right to talk to my friend? Does law prevents someone from talking and meeting to any person when both of them willing to talk and meet? Does marriage means stopping relation with someone whom my wife does not accept?

No law does not prevent you from talking to someone or keeping friendship with someone.
Neither marriage means stopping relation with someone whom the wife is not accepting.
But since we are social beings so we should know where to start and where to stop, this goes for you and your wife both.
I think your problem is not legal, but your wife needs counselling and support.

BY NO MEANS THERE IS NO LAW TO DEBAR ALEGITIMATE FRIENDSHIP.IF YOUR FRIEND SHIP DOES NOT CROSSTHE DEFINATION OF FRIENDS THAN IN NO WAY YOUR WIFE OR ANY OTHER PERSON CAN FORSE YOU TO RENOUNCE YOUR FRIENDSHIP

Well there is no legal provisions regarding this ,but laws in india is somehow women centric so if your wife files a case for cruelty against you it can lead you in jail,so it is better to renounce the freindship.i wish you luck in this particular case.for more info you can contact me.

No, there is no law which can stop 2 people from meeting one another if your wife suspects your friendship then talk to her in a calm manner and make her understand your relationship. If you do not make her understand now then it can create problem in your maritial life in near future.
Thanks.