Procedure to take legal action against husband for domestic voilence

Married in 2012, facing dowry demands and severe thrashings of husband and many a times by his sister and brother in law and mother. The mother in law, sister in law, brother in law and Mama instigate him to do all this. They have taken a lot of money also. A miscarriage happened by the beating of sister in law. I have a kid of 2 years, now it became unbearable so I filed an FIR, they r influencing people, police not taking any action. He ran away from home after beating me and filed a divorce, I am left alone with the kid. Neither he talks nor supports the home. Instead he has complained that I am insane and the police is on their side. Kindly advise, what to do?

Answers (1)

199 votes

Hi there,

What is the proof of taking lot of money?
When miscarriage happened did u file a complaint and went to see a gynaecologists to consult further?

For maintaining the household expense you can simply file a Maintainence Petition U/S 125 of Cr.pc. At the first instance the court will allow you to claim interim maintanance from your husband.

If he has complained that you are insane for that he needs to prove it also.
Nothing is proved without any evidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Mere frnd hai uskii wife se bht pareshan haii n he want divorce bt she is not ready to give divorce n Woh bol rahiii hai that she is ready to write n …

Read More

My husband has married another girl while our divorce case is pending in court. Now a child is born to him, but in the birth certificate in the place …

Read More

Is sending fake divorce notice to wife will count as crime? I am willing to send a fake divorce notice to wife, so she will get scared and come back t…

Read More

if parents done marriage of a boy at the age of 15-16 and both child never meet each other after marriage for 30-33 yers can a boy marry another girl …

Read More