Harasment from inlaws and husband only listening to me.

I m not a very independent strong woman. Knowing this, my inlaws r taking advantage and inflicting mental torture on me and my daughter by controlling and maintaining control over my husband. My husband is directly dependent on my brother in law as he does not have any job and my brother in law has ruined my husband's career by making him sit and look after their shop. V both cannot go out anywhere together. BIL would not give permission, will not let us b together for more time at home, will ask my husband to run his household errands whereas all this son of my BIL can also do as he is an adult. Doesnt let my husband spend time with my daughter, ask my husband to close shop late at night and go home around 11:30-11:45 pm at times 12 at night also. My husband will b drained and cannot spend time with us. V often fight and he takes all the blame on him. Strict action shud b taken so that they get scared to death and stop interfering in our lives and tell my husband to leave the shop.

Answers (2)

247 votes

You require moral courage. The only tonic is 'M' vitamin. For few months stay calm and possible enter the shop and manage it. By the by accumulate some funds so that yourself and your husband lead seperate life.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

128 votes

The situation in question is not properly elaborated however, given the facts that your husband is looking after the shop and your Brother-in-law is making him to do so, and your In-laws are interfering with your personal life. Though, this all does not involve any question of law per se. However, All you can do is to make your husband look for a Job or you find a job and then file a partition suit in the ancestral property of your Father-in-Law and start living off separately from your In-laws.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."