quesFather is a cancer patient beats mom.

My mother is housewife. She lives with me. My father has cancer but he is now very ok. The problem is that my father beats my mother daily and i don't leave there with my mom. I live away from my family for job purpose. My father beats my mom daily and threatens her by saying that i will kill u soon. My mom gets afraid. He tried many times to kill my mom, but someone was there to help her many times. But how many others will help. My father sent us notice for Alimony. Please help me. we are fed up of my father, tell something that he should get arrested in violation of Women security laws 2005.

  • ansYou shall have to decide whether you shall take drastic step against your aged & terminally ill father or not. It is also a fact that you shall have to ensure your mother's safety and peace of mind. If possible, take your mother to your place of work leaving your father where he is now residing. In normal case your father is entitled to claim maintenance from you but not alimony.

    If you can not take your mother along-with you to your place of work, then collect evidence of your father's beating your mother & lodge a FIR before the police. Since your father is a cancer patient, police may not act being soft on him. My suggestion is to separate your mother from your father at the earliest. Handle the matter carefully since it is very delicate in nature.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a brahmin girl from MP married to a gujarati brahmin. Post marriage my…
Sir, I am a govt servant, working in Gujrat. My family resides in Madhyapradesh. Wife…
A party can directly ho to supreme court for breach of her fundamental rights by…
my step dad recored my voice without my consent can that be used as an…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly