court marraige

i have done court marraige on 24 th february 2015 and now we both want to live our married life but girls parents are not willing to send her daughter ,what we should do.. when court marraige get legal .and how i get my wife without any police problem...becuse girls parents are saying they will make police complain ...


Assuming you are Hindus,

Once a court marriage is done a marriage certificate is issued.

We would like to know if you have the marriage certificate with you.

If you have a marriage certificate, then you can file a case under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage act which deals with restitution of the conjugal rights.

Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:

Section 9. 

Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

Also a criminal case can  be filed against the girl's parents if she is willing to come and stay with you as your lawfully wedded wife but restrained by her family to continue her marriage. For this we will advice you to see a lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I want to know that in court marriage, any Financial help provide by Indian Govt. Or not ?…

Read More

I complete my 18 this 16 June n my b.f is 23 we are done court marriage?…

Read More

My husband is not ready to accept me after court marriage. I want him to accept me. What can I do so that he accepts me in front of the society?…

Read More

Please guide us with the good advice of how to proceed with court marriage of Hindu girl and Muslim boy in current situation? I heard situations are b…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue